Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Solution to Co-Sleeping Leaks


The wonderful thing about baby crib mattresses is that most of them already have a waterproof layer on them. You may have to change the sheets if your little one soils them but you don't really have to worry about the mattress.

Not so for the cosleeping family. Should an accident happen in bed you are left with worrying about the sheets and the mattress.

And it's not just those baby blowouts. It's also leaking milk from a breastfeeding mommy. Not to mention, my son drools in his sleep.. A LOT.

We went out and got a waterproof mattress pad and HATED it. It made all three of us sweat like crazy, was crunchy and I couldn't stand it. I needed something that was waterproof but breathable. I was sick of feeling like I was sleeping on a plastic bag.

I found a wool changing pad online.

Knowing the wonderful properties of wool and how breathable but water resistant it is I didn't hesitate to purchase it for our bed.

It's not huge but is perfect for the small area of the bed that Garrett and I take up.

At first I put it over the sheet on the bed but any one of the three of us would move it out of place so I started putting it under the fitted sheet and our problem has been solved. It is so soft and breathable as well leaving me feel comfortable all night.

Breast leaks, the occasional diaper leak, nothing has gotten through the wool pad.

Even my husband agrees that it's the best money we've spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment