Friday, April 24, 2009

Wool Works for Warm Weather

It's 80 plus degrees here today humid and generally beautiful. We don't have an air conditioner because of wiring problems and so all the windows are open and the fresh air is flowing through the house.

Me and the little man are sweating our butts off.

This morning I had him fully dressed in BumGenius 3.0, socks, pants and onesie. By noon he was down to a onesie and socks with diaper and by early afternoon it was just a onesie. But he was still sweating and cranky from the heat.

Finally it was nap time and I was dreading having to try to put him down.

I stripped him bare and upon taking off his diaper I found his entire diaper area to be soaked, not necessarily from pee but from sweat. He was so uncomfortable.

I needed a breathable option and what more breathable than my wool?

I put him in a hemp Crickett diaper and a Loveybums Crepe cover and laid him down for his nap with nothing but a light shirt.

In minutes he was fast asleep.

Two hours later I heard happy little chirps over the baby monitor and went to get him up. He was smiling and cooing and comfortably cool.

I left him in nothing but diaper and wool cover the rest of the day and he was back to his happy little self.

For those who are reserved to use wool in warm weather I urge you to reconsider. We've found it to be a lot more comfortable than PUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment